West Chester Communications DOES NOT have 911 texting capability.
- If running is not a safe option or for patients with mobility issues unable to “run”,
seek areas of safety, preferable with thicker walls, few windows, placing barriers
between you and the shooter
- Mentally note location and room number
- Lock door, if possible and barricade door with room furniture
- Close and lock windows and close blinds or cover windows
- Turn off lights
- Silence all electronic devices
- Remain silent
- Seek alternate avenues of escape
- Identify ad-hoc weapons-i.e. fire extinguisher, lamp, etc.
- When safe to do so, use strategies to silently communicate with first responders-i.e. in
room with exterior window, make gestures to signal Law Enforcement
- Hide along the wall closest to the exit but out of view from hallway, this allows the
best options for ambushing the shooter and for possible escape if shooter enters or
passes the room.
- Remain in place until given ALL CLEAR by identifiable Law Enforcement