During a disaster or emergency West Chester Hospital may activate its Hospital Incident Command System-HICS.
- Medical Staff will be responsible for familiarizing themselves with and following the Emergency Operations Plan, Unit Sub Plans and Emergency Preparedness Procedures.
- Medical Staff will be responsible for understanding basic principles of the Hospital Incident Command System.
- Medical Staff will be responsible for participating in drills and exercises.
- Medical Staff will be responsible for completing any education / training as required.
- Medical Staff will be responsible for taking an active role in identifying any plans or processes that need improvement and actively participate in the creation of plans and processes.
- Issues or concerns identified should be communicated to Administration, Safety Officer and/or EM Officer.
- Medical Staff will be responsible for keeping Medical Staffing Office up to date on changes to Contact List.
- Provide a safe, clean environment for patients visitors and staff.
- Appoint a Safety Officer and Environment of Care Committee represented by all areas.
- Have policies and procedures designed to keep the environment safe, correct safety problems and respond to emergencies.
- Test the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and corrective actions through drills, safety inspections and activities of the Environment of Care Committee.